IN 2019/20, THESE AREAS ARE:
BESWICK CHEETHAM HILL BURY LEIGH (WIGAN) TAMESIDE
By joining our Associate Schools programme, schools will gain access to the following for a year at no cost:
• Taking part in our annual Exchange 360 Festival (more info below)
• A CPD workshop for teachers at the Royal Exchange Theatre
• 100 tickets to our main house productions (dates, times and productions organised in liaison with the theatre and the school)
• Young Company taster workshop
• Careers workshop
• Arts Award and Arts Mark support
• Invitations to events through the Creative Learning and Engagement department as and when throughout the year
Exchange 360 is an opportunity for young people to take the reins and devise and create their own piece of theatre which is presented on the main stage at the Royal Exchange Theatre.
Students will be given free tickets to our production of WUTHERING HEIGHTS in February/March 2020. This will form the theme of the programme; adapting a classic novel for the stage.
From this, students will have to not only devise their own piece for the Royal Exchange stage, but also create the sound and lighting for the show.
With the expertise from the Royal Exchange practitioners, schools will host three workshops on how to devise a piece of theatre. They will also take part in a technical workshop, allowing students to get to grips with the sound and lighting for their show.
After a technical rehearsal, pieces will be performed with other schools on Sunday 3 May at the Royal Exchange with the other Associate Schools.
If you live in one of our Local Exchange areas, apply now to be an Associate School and gain access to all of the above!
To apply, click here.
Applicaiton Deadline: Monday 2 December