THE FUTURE OF THE THEATRE
A STATEMENT FROM OUR EXECUTIVE TEAM: ROYAL EXCHANGE THEATRE CLOSES ITS STAGES UNTIL AUTUMN 2020
Being involved in arts, culture and creative activity is inspiring and makes you feel good. But not everyone hears about it or takes part – for all sorts of reasons. We would like to change that, especially for older people who may be isolated or fed up.
Can you help us to encourage older people to be part of the huge range of inspiring activity that is taking place all over Greater Manchester?
Culture Champions are all sorts of people from all walks of life. They could be:
• Someone with a passion for arts and culture, who loves exhibitions, plays, history and heritage, events and performances, literature, dancing, musicals, poetry - and who regularly enjoys the galleries, libraries, theatres and museums both large and small across Manchester
• They could be professionals or community workers who know lots of older people through their work or through other interests or community groups
• They may be life-long artists themselves - makers, dancers, actors, writers, sculptors, teachers, crafts people - creative people of any kind - professional and amateur/hobby – who want to encourage people to get involved.
What we ask Champions to do:
• We ask them to spread the word, particularly to older people in their neighbourhood and networks, about the arts and cultural activities around Greater Manchester - and actively encourage them to get involved.
• We ask for their help in planning and designing cultural activities for older people within central and local organisations.
• We invite them to come to the Cultural Champions activities and events that we put on around the city.
Culture Champions receive information and alerts about opportunities and events, they receive invitations to cultural tours and take part in planning sessions and co-designing activities - and are very much part of all our Culture Champions meet-ups.
Not only will you be an advocate for our region’s cultural life – you will be an active part of our drive to include older people who maybe feeling isolated or overlooked, in the joy of creative, cultural activity right across Greater Manchester.
Ring 07534 401 105 or 0161 615 6692