Whilst our building is still closed, we are able to continue to offer workshops online, delivered digitally via ZOOM or Microsoft TEAMS. Please see below the sessions that we are able to deliver. All workshops will be adapted to ensure that we are COVID safe and socially distanced.
Your students will learn, create, and be inspired in our practical workshops delivered by Royal Exchange Theatre professionals.
We offer a number of show-related and creative workshops that are fun, insightful and practical. Students will take away new skills and a knowledge of drama and the theatre.
HOW THEATRE IS MADE
Spark your pupil’s interests in theatre with this interactive workshop on ‘how theatre is made’. Explore the different roles involved in creating a show and role play how these might work together here at the Royal Exchange Theatre.
Learning Objectives for this workshop are:
• Expand their understanding
• Learn about how people got into the industry
• Critical thinking
Discover your pupils inner writters! Develop your students creative thinking by allowing them to access a space where they are free to develop and explore their own imagination. Creating characters using stimulus from objects or living things, they will make a world for their character to live in and a journey for them to go on.
By the end of this workshop, your students will have:
• Created a new character and be able to describe them
• Given that character a distinctive voice
• Created a world to set that character in
• Told a story that takes that character on a journey that has changed them in some way
• Put pen to paper and engaged their imaginations in a fun way
Invite your pupils to turn on their creativity through our theatre making workshop. Our expert practitioner will take learners through different exercises used to create their very own play, before they then get the opportunity to perform this!
By the end of this workshop, your students will:
• Feel liberated enough to be bold
• Play and learn without judgement
• Worked as a team creatively
• Stand up in front of their class, speak and share ideas
Once schools are back open and our building is reopened, we will hopefully be able to deliver workshops in person again, whether it be at the Theatre or in your school.