TICKET SALES AND EXCHANGES
- Tickets and vouchers cannot be exchanged or money refunded - unless we have to cancel a performance, you have covid symptoms or a positive test. More information
- The majority of shows have returned to full capcity, but selected performances will be fully socially distanced.
- For socially distanced shows, our seating for in-person shows is arranged in clusters, which are groups of tickets containing a specific number of seats (1, 2, 3 or 4) next to each other in one row. Please choose where to sit based on the number of seats you need.
- Please do not attend if you have Covid symptoms or a positive test result.
- Any tickets sold on for profit or personal / commercial gain will be voided.
- If we are successful in reselling it, a refund will be issued as a credit to your Royal Exchange account. We’ll deduct 10% of the cost of the ticket from the credit as a handling fee.
- The credit will be valid for 12 months, and can be used against any future bookings. Alternatively, we can issue it as a refund to your credit/debit card if you contact us directly.
- Gift vouchers are valid for a period of 3 years from the date of purchase. Gift Vouchers cannot be refunded or exchanged for cash.
CONCESSIONS AND DISCOUNTS
Only one discount is available per ticket.
Proof of ID may be required for discounts.
When seating capacity reaches a certain level, some offers, concessions and discounts may not apply.
Ticket prices may vary for different performances according to demand.
AT THE VENUE
- Latecomers may not be admitted until a suitable moment in the performance. If you wish to re-enter at stage level during the performance, you may be re-seated at gallery level. This is because doors at stage level are used for actor’s entry and scene changes through the performance.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission and alter the programme without prior notice.
- Photos and filming are not allowed during the actual performance, but please take as many images of our unique stage and building as you like before and after the show, and during the interval.
- Please see our Visiting Us In Person page for more information.
CHILDREN AND INFANTS
- We welcome audiences of all ages but we ask that tickets are purchased for all children over 18 months (unless it's a Relaxed Performance where there is no age restriction).
- We try to offer at least one Relaxed Performance per performance - these are designed to welcome everyone who would benefit from a more relaxed environment in which to watch a show.
- If your child becomes very vocal or distressed we may ask you to leave the auditorium until they settle. Due to the nature of our space, on returning to the auditorium you may be asked to use a different seat.
- Audiences are asked to consult the theatre or individual productions online for advice on the content and age suitability of different productions.
- Information supplied may be used for registered purposes under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Act 2018. See our Privacy Notice
- In keeping with current government guidelines, we are required to capture details of all people who come to the Royal Exchange Theatre. If you can, we will ask you to use the NHS Track and Trace. If you are unable to, you will be required to complete a paper form. This will be stored securely for 21 days and then destroyed, in keeping with GDPR regulations.
- When a performance has the potential to sell out, we bring in dynamic pricing for some performances. It's an approach that is similar to airline ticket prices which change according to demand. Some ticket prices on certain performances therefore may increase if the demand is enough, so it's always best to book early for popular shows.