Experience the Theatre from a new perspective.
Throughout the year we offer a range of workshops and tours for school and college groups on fixed dates and times. All workshops last 90 minutes and cost £150, when a 2 hour slot is available your booking can be extended, for an additional £50, to a 2 hour workshop or to include a 30 minute tour of the hall. Please see below for the sessions available.
BACKSTAGE EXPERIENCE - £150 - Max 15 Pupils
Our knowledgeable guides will lead your pupils through the backstage areas of the theatre, revealing the secrets that bring our work to the stage and the history of the Royal Exchange building.
HOW TO BE A BETTER ACTOR - £150 - Max 30 Pupils
A fun and active workshop, led by one of our highly experienced freelance practitioners, that will give you and your students loads of acting tips to take back to school. Please note, these workshops can be tailored to suit a range of ages and abilities.
HOW TO WRITE A SCRIPT - £150 - Max 30 Pupils
This practical, lively writing workshop, tailored to all ages and abilities, will use short exercises and writing games to introduce your pupils to the practical skills of writing scripts. Led by a professional playwright, workshops include individual and group writing as well as opportunities to try out script ideas.
HOW THEATRE IS MADE - £150 - Max 30 Pupils
This interesting workshop will de-mystify the behind the scenes production process for your students through an in-depth discussion with members of our production departments and practical exercises to explore careers in the arts.
EXPLORE WORKSHOPS - £150 - Max 30 Pupils
Gain a deeper understanding of our theatre productions with workshops that are tailored specifically to help your students. Explore workshops can take place at your school as well as at the theatre.
- Thursday 9 February, 10.30am - 12.30pm
- Friday 10 February, 10.30am - 12.30pm SOLD OUT!
- Thursday 16 February, 10.30am - 12pm SOLD OUT!
- Friday 17 February, 10.30am - 12.30pm
- Friday 21 April 2017, 10am - 12pm
- Friday 21 April 2017, 12.30 - 2.30pm
- Friday 21 April 2017, 3 - 5pm
- Monday 24 April 2017, 10am - 12pm
- Monday 24 April 2017, 12.30 - 2.30pm
- Monday 24 April 2017, 3 - 5pm
- Tuesday 25 April 2017, 10am - 12pm
- Wednesday 26 April 2017, 12.30 - 2.30pm
- Thursday 27 April 2017, 10am - 12pm
- Thursday 8 June 2017, 10am - 12pm
- Tuesday 13 June 2017, 10am - 12pm
- Wednesday 14 June 2017, 12.30 - 2.30pm
HOW TO BOOK
• Pick your date and time
• Choose which session(s) you would like from the list above.
• Nearer the time, Chelsea our Schools' Programme Leader will get in touch with you to discuss your requirements for the session and any areas you would particulary like to cover. Please note, we can adjust our workshop plans to best suit the needs of your group.
Please be aware: though we will endeavour to keep this information as up to date as possible there will always be the slight chance that your requested slot has already been booked, so if possible please get in touch with at least two possible slots for your visit.