Our Creatives receive training in creative leadership, work with staff from across the theatre and gain hands on experience on projects throughout the year speciailsing as either a director, facilitator or producer.
This includes planning and producing their own projects, facilitating workshops, and developing skills and knowledge within a working theatre. Alongside this there are bespoke training and mentoring opportunities.
• Explore creative leadership at the heart of a producing theatre
• Develop an understanding of theatre-making and the role of theatre in Manchester and nationally
• Receive practical training and hands on experience in your chosen field
• Receive support to make your own work, including creative mentoring, and training in fundraising and marketing
• Represent the Royal Exchange at external events
• Receive one-on-one support and development opportunities
Young Communicators work together as a group as well as receiving the following experience in a chosen area:
- Workshops and masterclasses with directors and theatre-makers
- Assistant Directing opportunities on Young Company shows across the year
- Your own directing project
- Workshops and masterclasses with producers
- Planning and producing SFX events for the Great Hall
- Working alongside Producers at the theatre on other events through the year
- Workshops and master-classes with facilitators and project managers
- Practical delivery experience working alongside members of the Participation and Learning Team at the theatre.
- The chance to deliver your own project
- Company Night – invitations to see each Royal Exchange show at the start of the run for free
- Open Space – opportunities to create your own work with mentoring support from theatre staff
- Masterclasses – meet the creative team from each show and discover how the show was made