“My experience with the Young Company has been even better than I imagined it would be. I have had opportunities to perform in both the Main House and the Studio, working with amazing internal and external practitioners whilst also feeling extremely welcomed and encouraged.”
- Performers 1 – ages 14 – 19 – first Thursday of every month, 6pm – 8pm *SEE BELOW FOR MORE INFO ON THIS GROUP
- Performers 2 – ages 14 – 16 – weekly sessions, Wednesdays, 5:15pm – 7:15pm
- Performers 3 – ages 17 – 21 – weekly sessions, Tuesdays, 7pm – 9pm
All sessions offer practical approaches to performing, introducing you to a variety of techniques and encouraging you to develop in the areas you are most interested in. The Young Company specialises in making theatre with ensembles and sessions will explore what it means to work in a large group on stage.
Alongside professional directors, you will develop a foundation of performance skills including physicality, approaches to script, vocal technique, devising and improvisation as well as exploring specialist areas such as clowning and physical theatre.
• Developing in-depth performance skills
• Learning about a variety of performance styles
• Being practical and trying different techniques
• Working with large groups and lots of different people
• Developing confidence
• Sharing ideas
• Exploring and discussing theatre
“It’s just the feel of the place when you come in – it feels like a second home. And it doesn’t matter who you are, where you’re from, what age you are or what your skin colour is, if you’re right for the role then you get to play it.”
This group is for anyone new to performing, new to activities in the Royal Exchange or if you’re just curious to find out more about theatre. If you want to find out more about working as an ensemble and exploring performance techniques, then this group is for you!