If you’re interested in Performing, Directing, Designing, Technical Theatre or Writing, why not become a Young Company Collective member? Memberships are £10 for the year (until 31 August 2021). More details, including workshops available so far available here.
The Young Performers specialise in making theatre and performing. Sessions will explore what it means to work in an ensemble both in a rehearsal room and on stage. Alongside professional directors, you will develop a foundation of performance skills including movement, approaches to script, creating a character, devising and improvisation.
In 2021, the Young Company Performers will meet from January - August 2021. The course will be a mixture of in person, at the Royal Exchange and online. Please see our FAQs for more information and guidance on how we will ensure we are safe in the new year.
YOUNG PERFORMERS WILL:
• Develop in-depth performance skills
• Learn about a variety of performance styles
• Get practical and try different techniques
• Perform as a group
• Work with large groups and lots of different people
• Develop in confidence
• Share ideas
• Explore and discuss theatre with like-minded people
YOUNG PERFORMERS WILL HAVE ACCESS TO:
• Weekly skills sessions
• Opportunities to make, watch and learn more about theatre
• Free tickets to Royal Exchange main house productions
• Access to our Facebook group which provides opportunities in the arts, information about events, tickets and work in Manchester
• Production opportunities including an end of year performance and a show made in collaboration with our Elders Company
• Mentoring from theatre staff and exclusive backstage access
To apply, you will need to sign up and take part in an informal audition workshop which will happen online via Zoom. And everyone who applies will be guaranteed a workshop slot. No previous experience is necessary, just enthusiasm and a willingness to learn!
THE FOLLOWING STAGES TO THE REGISTRATION PROCESS:
Once you have completed the online form, you will need to click the link which will redirect you to the Young Company recruitment booking page. You will need to follow the booking process in full to book onto the recruitment workshop.
This may include receiving a link, via email, to complete the booking.
Fees are £150 for the course. Financial support to help with membership and travel costs to and from the theatre is available through our scheme called Arts Pot. Applications to the Arts Pot can be made once you have been offered a place in the Young Company.