“My experience with the Young Company has been even better than I imagined it would be. I have had opportunities to perform in both the Main House and the Studio, working with amazing internal and external practitioners whilst also feeling extremely welcomed and encouraged.”
NO PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE NECESSARY!
- Performers 1 – ages 14 – 15 – weekly sessions, Mondays: 5pm - 7pm
- Performers 2 – ages 16 – 17 – weekly sessions, Tuesdays: 6pm - 8pm
- Performers 3 – ages 18 – 21 – weekly sessions, Wednesdays: 7.30pm – 9.30pm
All sessions offer practical approaches to performing, introducing you to a variety of techniques and encouraging you to develop in the areas you are most interested in. The Young Company specialises in making theatre with ensembles and sessions will explore what it means to work in a large group on stage.
Alongside professional directors, you will develop a foundation of performance skills including physicality, approaches to script, vocal technique, devising and improvisation as well as exploring specialist areas such as clowning and physical theatre.
• Developing in-depth performance skills
• Learning about a variety of performance styles
• Being practical and trying different techniques
• Working with large groups and lots of different people
• Developing confidence
• Sharing ideas
• Exploring and discussing theatre
“It’s just the feel of the place when you come in – it feels like a second home. And it doesn’t matter who you are, where you’re from, what age you are or what your skin colour is, if you’re right for the role then you get to play it.”