If you’re interested in Performing, Directing, Designing, Technical Theatre or Writing, why not become a Young Company Collective member? Memberships are £10 for the year (until 31 August 2021). More details, including workshops available so far available here.
The Young Company Writers work reading, analysing and writing plays. They will be given exercises, tasks and support to help them develop a full length play.
YOUNG WRITERS WILL:
• Develop their writing skills through practical writing exercises and creative tasks
• Gain a wider understanding of writing for the stage
• Read work by a variety of playwrights
• Work with professional writers
• Share work with peers
• Receive feedback and mentoring from theatre staff
• Collaborating with Young Makers and Performers from the Young Company to develop work
YOUNG WRITERS WILL HAVE ACCESS TO:
• Weekly skills sessions
• Opportunities to make, watch and learn more about theatre
• Free tickets to Royal Exchange main house productions
• Access to our Facebook group which provides opportunities in the arts, information about events, tickets and work in Manchester
• Mentoring from theatre staff and exclusive backstage access
To apply, you will need to sign up and take part in an informal workshop which will happen online via Zoom. And everyone who applies will be guaranteed a workshop slot. No previous experience is necessary, just enthusiasm and a willingness to learn!
THE FOLLOWING STAGES TO THE REGISTRATION PROCESS:
Once you have completed the online form, you will need to click the link which will redirect you to the Young Company recruitment booking page. You will need to follow the booking process in full to book onto the recruitment workshop.
This may include receiving a link, via email, to complete the booking.
Fees are £150 for the year. Financial support to help with membership and travel costs to and from the theatre is available through our scheme called Arts Pot. Applications to the Arts Pot can be made once you have been offered a place in the Young Company.