We would like to invite you to join us for a discussion about future events and resources that the Royal Exchange Theatre might offer to North West based D/deaf & disabled actors & practitioners.
This will take place on Saturday 18th February 2017 at the Royal Exchange Theatre, from 10:00am to 12:00noon.
It will be led by Royal Exchange Casting Director, Jerry Knight-Smith and Royal Exchange Associate Artistic Director, Amit Sharma.
The day will focus on the ways we can best engage with you and how you want to engage with the Royal Exchange?
• Practical advice about the profession from us or other bodies
• Future training opportunities led by Royal Exchange Theatre staff or freelancers
• Networking and resource sharing
• In the absence of an Actors Centre in Manchester and little continuous professional training/development available, what is the Royal Exchange’s role in filling that gap?
• How can we ease your route to a stage job?
We hope this is the beginning of a series of discussions, to generate ideas for meaningful and lasting engagement. Although focussed on actors, we acknowledge that many practitioners are multi-disciplinary and may want to broaden this discussion. We’ll fit as much as we can in to two hours but, be assured, there will be other dates too...
If you can't make the 18th, contact Jerry Knight-Smith for information on future groups.