Manchester is building The Factory, a new venue for creativity and the arts, in the heart of the city. The Factory will present bold new work by the world’s most exciting artists – and it will also be home to The Factory Academy, which will help people from all backgrounds to start new careers in the creative industries.
The Factory Academy, working with a range of Greater Manchester venues, has launched an exciting opportunity to learn new skills through Traineeships and Creative Venue Technician (CVT) Apprenticeships.
Our eight-week Traineeships begin this Autumn, and include both training and a three-week work placement. After your Traineeship, there is the possibility of becoming a CVT Apprentice, for which you would be given a two-year contract to work in a creative venue such as a theatre or arts centre from January 2020.
As a CVT Apprentice, you will play an active part in the technical operation of the venue – working on such elements as lighting, audio and scene changes, and using a variety of tools to make, install and maintain scenery and other equipment.
If you are…
– Aged 19+, from Greater Manchester and unemployed
– Not qualified above Level 3 / A-level or equivalent
– Available for an eight-week traineeship from November
– Interested in creativity and music
– Proud of Greater Manchester
– Able to communicate well with people
– Eager to learn new skills and start your career in the creative industries
– Positive, motivated and cooperative
– Respectful of people from all backgrounds
… We want to meet you!
To be in with a chance of a Traineeship, you must attend an Open Day on Tuesday 22 October 2019
To register, please call The Factory Academy on 0161 247 8094