RET FUTURES is the Royal Exchange Theatre's groundbreaking programme of theatre skills experience and training for 18-25 year olds not able to access traditional training routes including undergraduate degree courses.
We believe that an increasing number of young people are not pursuing training in the arts because they, or their families, cannot afford it or do not see it as a viable employment option. We want to take a lead in making a theatre industry that is diverse, dynamic, non-elitist and representative of society.
Launching in full later this year, we are piloting RET Futures with this unique work placement opportunity for 12 young adults aged 18-25 to get an insight into working in theatre.
This 5 day creative experience will run from 20 – 24 July 2015 between 10am and 5pm each day and will focus on workshops, work shadowing and opportunities to work alongside Exchange staff in the following areas: Sound, Lighting, Marketing, Wardrobe, Stage Management, Props and Settings, and Producing.
• Have a genuine interest in theatre
• Are currently unemployed or employed in a non-arts industry
• Are not in full-time education and are not on a gap year before embarking on an arts-based training.
• Feel there are real barriers to you engaging with traditional arts training
• Are interested in exploring the varied creative processes of making theatre
• Live in the North West
...then we would love to hear from you!
Deadline for applications is 12noon on Wednesday 24 June
Confirmation of a place on RET FUTURES: by Wednesday 1 July