We are looking for 5 artists based in Greater Manchester to each create an audio experience inspired by a person who identifies as a woman. This audio experience could take any form and is open to artists working in any medium to respond through the creation of an audio experience between 5 and 10 minutes in length which will be presented on the Royal Exchange website.
Each artist will be provided with a fee of £1,000 and a budget of £500 to create the work (this could to include fees to additional artists which will be paid at the RET daily rate and will be negotiated with the producers at the Royal Exchange, or any equipment that might be needed to create your piece). We can also support you to bring artists to the project and make recommendations of artists to collaborate on your project should this be required.
The lead artists will have support from the team at the Royal Exchange, especially our Sound Department and producing support. We will also support you to ensure that the work created is fully accessible.
The Royal Exchange will also be commissioning a digital visual artist to collaborate with the lead artists to create a visual accompaniment to the work.
This is an opportunity open to all artists of all genders and identities.
The pieces will be launched on the Royal Exchange Theatre Website on International Women’s Day – 8 March 2021 – and will exist on the website throughout March.
· Deadline for applications: 10am on Monday 8 February
· Shortlisting for the project: Wednesday 10 February
· Commissions offered: Friday 12 February
· Meet the Team: Monday 15 February
· Create the work: Tuesday 16 February – Tuesday 2 March
· Preparations for presentation: Tuesday 2 March – Friday 5 March
· Launch online: Monday 8 March
· YOUR NAME
· COMPANY/ARTIST NAME AND ANY LINKS TO SOCIAL MEDIA HANDLES OR WEBSITES
· YOUR ARTISTIC PRACTICE AND EXPERIENCE
· WHICH WOMAN YOU WISH TO CREATE A PIECE ABOUT AND WHY
You can choose to evidence this through up to 500 words / 1 page of A4 or a voice note no longer than 5 mins.
If you have any access requirements and/or face any barriers in applying, please let us know.
The deadline for applications is 10am on Monday 8 February.