Dig the City is a fantastic summer garden festival which includes, gardens galore, street food and fashion. From mud pies to water fights, a treasure hunt and a musical parade this is something not to miss!
Taking in Market Street, New Cathedral Street, St Ann’s Square, King Street and Greengate Square. With gardens galore, street food and fashion. A week’s worth of pop-up picnics, music, markets and masses to do – this is Manchester’s summer garden festival.
The seven-day summer fiesta, sponsored by NCP, will transform the city centre into a network of living, green streets.
With FREE events including:
- Spectacular Show Gardens and floral installations from Frog Flowers, RHS Tatton, Coronation Street The Tour and Manchester City Council, Kew Gardens, The Moss Cider Project, Incredible Edible, Hulme Community Garden Centre, IWM North, Reaseheath College, Andy Walker, Landscape Institute NW, Dreamscape, Sue Jeffries, Chorlton Post Box Cafe, Cabbages and Nettles, Geoff Fisher, Gorgeous Gorse Hill, Planit-IE and Pendleton Together, Real Food Wythenshawe, Sow the City, Turton Tower Kitchen Garden Group, University of Salford
- BBC gardening favourite Diarmuid Gavin
- After-work parties and giveaways from MCR’s top shops including Selfridges, Harvey Nichols, House of Fraser, Jigsaw, Manchester Arndale and Molton Brown
- One Big Shopping Weekend with a touring street fashion show (1 Aug), treats and discounts galore
- Fun for little ones with the National Trust, Cbeebies Mr Bloom (2 & 3 Aug) and a fantastical family finale by creators of Just So Festival, Wild Rumpus (6 Aug)
- The return of the Dig the City Disco, this year with Northern Soul & 1920s Speakeasy vibes
- Musical merriment and Bridgewater Hall Bandstand takeover by Manchester Jazz Festival
- Flower markets, horticultural stalls and talks
- Alfresco eating and drinking
Check out What’s On here or download the Festival Highlights Guide and Map here (PDF).