The use of this site is subject to the following terms and conditions.
In entering our site you as a user (‘You’) are accepting our terms and conditions. Use of this website is maintained for your personal use and viewing. The access and use of this website constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions. They take effect from the date on which you first use this website.
You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner that does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this site by any third party. Such restriction or inhibition includes, without limitation, conduct which is unlawful, or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person, and the transmission of obscene or offensive content or disruption of normal flow of dialogue within this site. Information collected by us is used for internal review, to improve the content of Royal Exchange Theatre website, to customise the content and/or layout of Royal Exchange Theatre website, to notify users about updates to the Royal Exchange Theatre website, and to contact users for marketing purposes and is not shared with other organisations for commercial purposes.
TICKET SALES AND EXCHANGES
- Tickets and vouchers cannot be exchanged or money refunded – unless we have to cancel a performance.
- Changes to the cast for a performance (including any star casting) will not entitle you to a refund or exchange.
- While this policy does not offer refunds or exchanges in most cases, we recognise that sometimes ‘life happens’ and there can be circumstances beyond your control. In such circumstances, please do contact our Visitor Experience Team who may – as a courtesy – be able to find a solution.
- The majority of shows have returned to full capcity, but selected performances will be fully socially distanced.
- For socially distanced shows, our seating for in-person shows is arranged in clusters, which are groups of tickets containing a specific number of seats (1, 2, 3 or 4) next to each other in one row. Please choose where to sit based on the number of seats you need. Please note, there will be no Socially Distanced shows from February 2023.
- Any tickets sold on for profit or personal / commercial gain will be voided.
- If a performance is sold out and you can no longer attend, we will try to sell any returned tickets for that specific performance. For us to do this, your tickets must be returned to the Box Office in good time before the performance – please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If we are successful in reselling it, a refund will be issued as a credit to your Royal Exchange account. The credit will be valid for 12 months, and can be used against any future bookings. Alternatively, we can issue it as a refund to your credit/debit card if you contact us directly.
- Gift vouchers are valid for a period of 3 years from the date of purchase. Gift Vouchers cannot be refunded or exchanged for cash.
- When seating capacity reaches a certain level, we may increase prices.
CONCESSIONS AND DISCOUNTS
- Only one discount is available per ticket.
- Proof of ID may be required for discounts.
- When seating capacity reaches a certain level, some offers, concessions and discounts may not apply.
- Ticket prices may vary for different performances according to demand.
AT THE VENUE
- Latecomers may not be admitted until a suitable moment in the performance. If you wish to re-enter at stage level during the performance, you may be re-seated at gallery level. This is because doors at stage level are used for actor’s entry and scene changes through the performance.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission and alter the programme without prior notice.
- Photos and filming are not allowed during the actual performance, but please take as many images of our unique stage and building as you like before and after the show, and during the interval.
- Please see our Visit Us page for more information.
CHILDREN AND INFANTS
- We welcome audiences of all ages but we ask that tickets are purchased for all children over 18 months (unless it’s a Relaxed Performance where there is no age restriction).
- We try to offer at least one Relaxed Performance per performance – these are designed to welcome everyone who would benefit from a more relaxed environment in which to watch a show.
- If your child becomes very vocal or distressed we may ask you to leave the auditorium until they settle. Due to the nature of our space, on returning to the auditorium you may be asked to use a different seat.
- Audiences are asked to consult the theatre or individual productions online for advice on the content and age suitability of different productions.
- We may bring in dynamic pricing for some performances. It’s an approach that is similar to airline ticket prices which change according to demand. Some ticket prices on certain performances therefore may increase if the demand is enough, so it’s always best to book early for popular shows.
LINKING TO & FROM THE ROYAL EXCHANGE THEATRE WEBSITE
- We are happy for you to link directly to the information that is hosted on our site. We do not permit our pages to be loaded into frames on your site; Royal Exchange pages must load into the user’s entire window.
- We reserve the right to move or change our website URLs at any time in order to meet changing needs and to continually improve its online service. External websites link to the this website at their own risk.
- We do not encourage deep linking but recommend linking to the homepage, which is less likely to move or change
- Links contained in this website will lead to other websites which are not under our control.
- We are not responsible for the content of any linked site. Listing and linking should not be taken as an endorsement of any kind and we accept no liability in respect of the content. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time and have no control over the availability of the linked pages.
COPYRIGHT & INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- The copyright to all text and images on this website belongs to the Royal Exchange Theatre.
- If you wish to use text or images please contact the marketing team.
- Hi-resolution images are available for use by the media.
- The names, images and logos identifying the Royal Exchange Theatre are proprietary marks. If you wish to copy or use the logo, you must get prior approval from us by contacting by contacting the marketing team.
- Tell us how and why you wish to use our logos. Please include your contact details: name, address, telephone number and email.
- The Royal Exchange Theatre website is provided ‘as is’, without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
- We do not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or represent the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of the materials.
- In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use of, data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use of this website. Although we may from time to time monitor or review discussions, chat, postings, transmissions, bulletin boards and the like on this website, we are under no obligation to do so and assume no responsibility or liability arising from the content of any such locations nor for any error, omission, infringement, defamation, obscenity, or inaccuracy contained in any information within such locations.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute arising under these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- The purpose of this policy is to ensure that people who communicate with the Royal Exchange Theatre website understand the way in which electronic mail (email) should be used. Its aim is to ensure that email is used effectively for its intended purpose without infringing legal requirements or creating unnecessary business risk.
- The statement applies to all incoming and outgoing email messages to or from Royal Exchange Theatre:
“This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any reading, printing, storage, disclosure, copying or any other action taken in respect of this email is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by using the reply function and then permanently delete what you have received. Incoming and outgoing email messages are routinely monitored for compliance with the Royal Exchange’s policy on the use of electronic communications.
The views expressed by the author may not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the Royal Exchange Theatre. Internet email is not a secure medium. Emails sent via the Internet could be intercepted and read by someone else. Please bear that in mind when deciding whether to send material to the Royal Exchange . You have a responsibility to ensure laws are not broken when composing or forwarding emails and their contents. Attachments to email messages may contain viruses that may damage your system. Whilst Royal Exchange has taken every reasonable precaution to minimise this risk, we cannot accept any liability for any damage which you sustain as a result of these factors. You are advised to carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment.”
- We make every effort to check and test material at all stages of production. It is always wise for you to run an anti-virus program on all material downloaded from the Internet.
- We cannot accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or your computer system which may occur whilst using material derived from this website.