What is Local Exchange?
Each year the Royal Exchange Theatre will begin a new three-year residency developing close relationships with local partners. Alongside these initial partnerships we’ll also recruit a group of local ambassadors, people who are passionate about the place they live in and excited by everything that arts and culture have to offer.
What is an Ambassador?
- Someone who is not just passionate about the arts, but passionate about the sustainability of local culture and community wellbeing.
- An Ambassador will be part of a team of residents from your area who works closely with Royal Exchange staff, artists and directors to shape the projects that happen in your area across the residency.
- No previous need for experience or knowledge of theatre necessary!
What does an Ambassador do?
- Join monthly meetings with other ambassadors to have conversations about the changes you would like to see in your local area.
- Recieve an allocation of tickets to invite groups and residents local to Beswick to see Royal Exchange productions.
- Have exclusive access to shows at our theatre and are involved in lots of decision making regarding the work that is delivered during our residency with them.
We're now recruiting and welcome applications from anyone who has an interest in the arts and their local community – applications are open to anybody aged 14+. To apply please complete the online application form.
If you wish to apply to be an ambassador, or if you have any more questions regarding the role please either
text us: 07494315213